Wednesday, March 11, 2015


We've hit that tipping point for GenCon.  The point where it becomes real instead of being in the theoretical future "later this year."

I mean ... I know it's coming. I know it's real. But it doesn't hit me until I have travel arrangements. Every year. I'm going to GenCon!

But as of this week, I have my hotel details.

Every year, I'm also so crazy-thankful that Stephan B. thought to give me the opportunity and Christophe A. was willing to give me a shot.

This year, I'd also like to thank Audrey and Carol for their help with the hotel room.

I can't wait to see what the team is like this year.  Last year, I posted that we had the best team to date - and I strongly believe that it was. And it sounds like this year's team will include most (if not all) of last year's team. And more folks. "The biggest team to date," I've heard. Which is crazy.

And, of course, there will be a new crop of games for us to teach.

Since the last GenCon, Asmodee has acquired both Days of Wonder and merged with Fantasy Flight Games. I don't know how this will impact the booth(s) at GenCon, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some sort of impact.

Other than the size of the team and booth. Because "MOAR BIGGER" has been the theme of the last few years. And that is astounding to me, in large part because I remember my first GenCon, where Asmodee was in a small 10x20 booth with Jungle Speed and Woolly Bully for sale with demo copies of Dungeon Twister and Mall of Horror. And a total of four of us in the booth. Close to 90% of the people wandering by had never heard of Asmodee Editions, and the remaining 10% spoke French well and English poorly.

This year, I'll be at Origins, too.  For the first time in about a decade (and the third time ever for me). And I've seen the hotel reservations for that one, too.

The only missing piece of the puzzle is the airfare for both - but we have some time on that front.

Are you excited?  I am ...

No comments:

Post a Comment